Select a piece, then click board.
Enter FEN for a New Position
FEN Entering Instructions
- Enter a description of your board position using Forsythe Notation where:
Push the Diagram Display button to display your position. Then you may capture the diagram with a any screen capture utility. You cannot capture the entire board with your browser's image-save function, because each diagram is made up of 64 separate jpg images.
As a option, you may select other figurine styles by clicking a Style button.
- Each row of the board is specified by a list of characters and/or numbers beginning with the top row (black's back rank).
- Rows are separated by a forward slash (/) character. (8 rows and 7 separators)
- Lower case letters p, r, n, b, q, and k represent black pieces.
- Upper case letters P, R, N, B, Q, and K represent white pieces.
- Each row's numbers and characters must equal 8.
- Numbers represent the quantity of empty squares between pieces on a row.